Highlighted
Contributor

I have only recently started using Mint and Personal Capital for financial aggregation. I understand that USAA and a number of different services use 2-factor authentification. An issue that arises with this is the need for re-connecting to each service with two-factor authentification each time one wants to check the linked service (e.g. Mint or Personal Capital). Some institutions, like Chase, have an API that securely circumvents this authentification to avoid this issue, without having to disable 2-factor authentification. My understanding, based on this USAA post from July 2018, is that USAA would also use such technology.

Is there a timeline of when this will be implemented?

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

@thejosh, That's a great question. At this time, we don't have a time frame when support will be implemented for these aggregate sites. I have share your inquiry to the appropriate area. - Ben 

Highlighted

This is absurb.  I work in IT and it shouldn't take 2+ years to make this work.  I'm seriously about to move all of my money out of USAA if I can't use 2015 technology in 2020.

Highlighted

@Dave932, We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this topic. I will be forwarding your post to the appropriate area to review. Thank you for commenting in the Member Community. ~ Suzy

Highlighted
I would have to agree and understand your reasons for security. But secure options do exist and Usaa needs to make a stance on providing, maintains tools to set goals, budgeting etc or develop a secure method to connect to these other apps that provide one ability to track OUR data.
Highlighted

Point of correction. USAA is using OFX SGML v1.0.2, which was released in 1997.

Forget their two year old promise to implement FDX. Can we just get a more recent version of the old technology to work with? OFX 2.2 was released in 2016 with support for oAuth. And I complained (as have many others) about the lack of updates back in 2018.

I assume this will never be resolved, but I welcome anyone to prove me wrong.