Highlighted
Contributor

I've read the information that USAA provided about what the business is doing to protect its employees and to help members during this health crisis and the financial impacts thereof. While I applaud USAA's efforts to protect its employees health and provide temporary financial support, it is obvious to me, reading blog entries from members, that USAA is missing the mark when it comes to supporting members with financial concerns. USAA needs to consider suspending premium payments to support members who may be out of work or sick due to the crisis. Restructuring payments does little to alieve concerns. Consider for instance, most affected members are staying at home and driving less. So, isn't the risk profile lower to USAA? Why not use the considerable reserves USAA maintains to cover the premiums of reduced risk? Time to think outside the box USAA! 

Member since 1968

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

@Maverick Outlaw, thank you for your comments. We understand the difficulty many of us are experiencing through this crisis. We encourage our members to call so we can review each case individually and make the necessary updates to their policies. We are reviewing the situation on a daily basis as things are changing by the minute. I will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate area. Thank you. -Cynthia 

Highlighted

Thanks USAA for listening, reducing insurance premiums of members. While it may not be enough help for many members, I believe it is likely a better response than others outside USAA family receive.

Highlighted

@Maverick Outlaw- you are most welcome, as Cynthia mentioned things can change daily, to stay up-to-date on what USAA is doing to help our members and their communities, please, visit usaa.com/coronavirus. Stay safe out there. ~Shawna