Just saw that USAA is dropping $3.00 rebate on first ten ATM withdraws

Highlighted
Limitless Contributor

Just saw that USAA is dropping $3.00 rebate on first ten ATM withdraws.

How It Works
What Stays the Same
  • Your account number
  • Your debit card
  • Your scheduled bill payments
  • You can use more than 60,000 USAA-preferred ATMs nationwideSee note1
What Changes
  • Earn 10¢ on every debit card purchaseSee note2
  • You won't get ATM surcharge rebatesSee note1
  • You won't earn interest on your account balance

Most Helpful
Highlighted

@Long Member, thank you for sharing your concerns. May I ask where you saw this information? Perhaps you are reviewing the information for the USAA Cashback Rewards Checking account. With the USAA Cashback Rewards Checking account, members opt for rewards, instead of ATM fee refunds. The USAA Classic Checking account has not changed. With the USAA Classic Checking account, USAA Bank doesn't charge a fee for the first 10 ATM withdraws, per statement cycle. Any subsequent withdraws will be charged $2 each, unless made at a USAA Bank owned or branded ATM. USAA Bank also refunds up to $15 in other banks ATM fees, per statement cycle, for transactions at ATMs in the United States. ~DC 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES

Highlighted
WTF!
Highlighted

This is not good, 1) because there are no physical USAA branches to get cash (of course) or 2) ATMs that don't charge for withdrawing cash.  Being a  USAA customer is to incur a penalty automatically. 

Highlighted

Here is another money hit during this time of economic duress.  Bad timing!  This doesn't feel "right,"

Highlighted

@Long Member, thank you for sharing your concerns. May I ask where you saw this information? Perhaps you are reviewing the information for the USAA Cashback Rewards Checking account. With the USAA Cashback Rewards Checking account, members opt for rewards, instead of ATM fee refunds. The USAA Classic Checking account has not changed. With the USAA Classic Checking account, USAA Bank doesn't charge a fee for the first 10 ATM withdraws, per statement cycle. Any subsequent withdraws will be charged $2 each, unless made at a USAA Bank owned or branded ATM. USAA Bank also refunds up to $15 in other banks ATM fees, per statement cycle, for transactions at ATMs in the United States. ~DC 

View solution in original post

@SrMcR, I understand that you have concerns about ATM fee refunds. If you have a USAA Classic Checking account, there have been no changes to the ATM fee refunds. 

There are typically two kinds of fees when you use an ATM — the fee your bank charges you and the usage fee that the ATM's bank charges. We protect you from both.

With a USAA Classic Checking account, you get:

• 10 free withdrawals every month from more than 60,000 USAA-preferred ATMs.
  • USAA reimburses up to $15 per statement cycle in other banks' ATM fees in the United States only. The refund is deposited monthly, right before your statement is sent.

I hope this helps to provide reassurance that USAA is still offering the ATM fee refunds. ~DC