Highlighted
Contributor
On October 20th 2016 USAA had recieved a cashiers check that was written on Commonwealth Bank. It's an Australian Bank. I spent over 2 years in Australia working and when I was do everything and came home it took just shy of a year for the Australian Government to release the money's I was forced to pay into their retirement program. About 18,000 AUD was what remained after it was taxed and fee to death. I sent the check signed for deposit only. And USAA put it into my account and then deemed it a bad check and sent it to collections. pretty crazy right? in a world where we are able to transfer millions by the touch of a single button we still process international checks like we are just learning about electricity. The Customer service lady told me that it could take up to 8 weeks before I would see the money. that's insane. But anyways after speaking to a few of my colleagues. They assured they were told the same when they deposited their checks in their banks. but that it really only took about 2 or 3 weeks. Well it has been 3 weeks and I thought I'd call and check on the status of my funds. I asked the customer service man to please see if their is any info on an international check I had sent in some time ago. He finally found where it was and said I'm sorry Mr Hall that check was refused. I was really shocked at first thinking OMG what happened? Why didn't they contact me? this is allot of money to not be more communacative???!!!.But I realized then he was just reading off my transaction screen. He had no clue what was going on. This kinda makes me nervous. 18k floating around Andy bank cannot tell where it is or how much longer. I mean jeeze that check could sit on some executives desk for 3 to 6 weeks and possibly get lost is what I was thinking .when large amounts of money are in play this bank should be readily capable to make the customer feel at ease. Instead, once I explained how the check was deposited and then rejected because it was international, that it was then turned over to collections for to send off to Australia to be verified. He was in awe that such a thing was happening. So basically I knew every word he uttered from that point on was total BS because he doesn't even know own how his own bank works. So after he said ,,,,we're waiting for them to contact us but nothing yet lol. that was so assuring and I felt so great that I trust this bank to handle my $200,000.00 plus per year deposited by my employer. I wish I could feel like USAA has my back, like they did 5 years ago or 10 years ago. But now days it seems they have hired less intelligent people. who know nothing about customer service and or banking.

1 REPLY

Highlighted

Hi Geno 1972, thank you for your post. We regret the frustration this situation has caused for you. I have initiated a secure member message on our website with additional information. You can retrieve the message by going to Alerts & Actions under your name at the top right-hand side of the page. Thank you. -Meredith