Highlighted

I have been a member of USAA for 8 years. I loved USAA! I was so happy and recommended it to everyone, but things have seriously changed. About 2 months ago we went through a huge family crisis which involved a traumatic event where my husband almost died. We faced weeks of hospitals, institutions and treatments, during this time we were both out of work. we got behind on the bills and honestly that was the last thing I could think about. USAA went ahead and closed my credit card account, without contacting me or anything, They used the CD to pay it off because it was secured, and did not even bother to tell me about it. I missed my payment in may and was about to bring it current today and this was how I found out. I am outraged! I am closing all my accounts asap, and am telling the whole world about the horrible treatment I got from what was once my favorite part of the military life!!

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Kay21,

I hope your husband is doing better, it defintely has not been an easy few months for you both.

I am truly saddened to hear about this, I can imagine how frustrating and upset you may be feeling. I do however appreciate the feedback you have left here in the community, in hopes of mending the relationship with USAA.

If you feel as if there is something we can do to help you stay with us, we welcome and would appreciate you filing out this forml here with your member number and the details you provided above. Someone will be able to reach you directly and get this sorted out. Your membership does mean so much to us, and we look forward to hearing from you again if you so choose. Thank you.

Thank you and all the best.

Highlighted

Your agreement when you opened your secured card was that you would pay it on time or USAA would be close it and use the CD to pay it off.   They are not required to notify you.  Actually, if you had contacted them before being late on the payment, they may have been able to work with you on it.