How many checking and/or savings accounts can you have with USAA?

Highlighted
Contributor

I want to try managing my money differently and I need a new bank that can accomodate me. I want to allocate funds every month towards different things I am saving for and would like an account for each one, i.e. car expenses, vacation expenses, home improvement etc. I have a lot in mind, and so I was wondering how many accounts USAA allow you to have. Also, if there is anyone that has experience with transfering money from one bank to another, how long does the process take? I have a lot of bills set up for automatic draft payment and worry that I might miss a payment in the process of the transfer. Thanks!

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

Budgetgirl,

There is no limit in regards to how many savings or checking accounts you can have. In regards to the transferring of funds, I would recommend you give us a call at 1-800-531-8722 so that a banking representative can explain the process. Thank you.

Highlighted

Is there a way to create multiple checking accounts without calling?

wrote:

Budgetgirl,

There is no limit in regards to how many savings or checking accounts you can have. In regards to the transferring of funds, I would recommend you give us a call at 1-800-531-8722 so that a banking representative can explain the process. Thank you.

Highlighted

@cornsnicker3, This is exciting! I love budgeting. There is no limit on accounts however you are limited to how many can be opened on usaa.com or over the phone in a specific time frame. So here is the answer to your question. 

• There is a limit of four new deposit accounts per primary account holder within a three- to four-month time frame.  So you can achieve your goal but may have to spread it out over time. 

Might I suggest using one account but a spreadsheet to track what part of the balance is for each category? Just a suggestion. (=  We support what works best for you and thank you for using us for your banking needs. ~ Suzy

Highlighted

How do you open these additional savings accounts online?

Highlighted

Hello @ladypeace82, to open new accounts online please go select the Products Tab. Under there you will see Banking and Checking/Savings. This will let you open a new account. -Colleen