How best to handle dept when budget is not enough

Highlighted

My husband and I have 4 credit cards we would like to pay off. Other than following a budget (which we already do now) I am not sure what other solutions we have at this time. They were started in order to pay for a business opportunity that has not started paying for its self as we had expected and may never do so, We have a mortgage on our house that we are still paying for although we have paid over half of it off, a truck payment. I am going back to school for my bachelors degree and have started accumulating dept for this (GI Bill %100used for my spouses education) and now we have an addition to our family that will add to our financial burden. I feel we need a solution that will help immediately along with the long term plan already in place. What would be the best route to take? 

3 REPLIES

Highlighted
Visit one of the free credit counseling services to help formulate your game plan. I did a lot of online research to help dig myself out. I used the debt snowball method and found ways to make extra money that I applied to cc debt. If I made $5 extra, I would make a $5 payment. Hope you find solutions that work for you and your family.
Highlighted

Contact your local non-profit American Consumer Credit Counseling Service who can give you specific advise as it pertains to your situation.

Highlighted
Trinity Credit out of Ohio is a very safe non profit that intermediates with the cc companies, which reduces the interest rate and puts those companies at ease. There is a fee but it pays back. They are peaceful and not scammers. You can tell I know them (for a similar reason).