Markimark
Contributor

We used our HGV membership to book a 2 day stay at Seaworld Hilton Hotel.  We were booking within 30 days of stay and it was a first time to use this service, the representative didn't tell us that there was a no-refund cancellation policy and two days later I called to cancel and was told that there was no refunds, BUT since it was only a few days and my first time to use the service that they would make an exception.  The HGV representative told me that she gave me a full refund,  I thought it was strange at the time that I didn't see an email confirmation come through, but that was there game all along.  So after several weeks with no refund, I called back, the next rep said 'oh, they didn't code it right', you'll all good, it will take 5 to 7 days to show on your card.  I waited, still no refund, so I called back and asked for a confirmation that is was cancelled.  She started to give me the number, and I didn't get all of it, so I called another time and that rep said , oh, that was the reservation confirmation, I don't have a credit card cancellation authorization code, which is what i asked for this time.   She promised it was in a status of refund and contacted a supervisor and made sure the coding was correct.  Still no refund, so I raised a dispute with USAA.   

USAA's last comment was that they were sending me a request for further information, which I have never seen.  So then the 30 days is up on the dispute and the money is given to the lying cheats at Hilton Grand Vacations.    So now USAA is making me take the hit because they never did their part and asked me what they wanted to know.   I don't even know what more I can tell them, everything is over the phone and if HGV tells USAA the charge is good and they don't admit to the cancellation and refund, then USAA will accept their story and force me to court or complain to the government, so I loose in the end and HGV keeps my money.    It would have been nice if USAA would have at least done what they said they would do, although admittedly it would change the end results, HGV will lie and USAA will side.  Oh yeah, we never even stayed at the hotel, so the service was never delivered, I know that one of the conditions for refund if USAA where really to do something. 

2 REPLIES

@Markimark, I'm sorry to hear of your experience you had with us. I will have these details submitted to a subject matter expert for further review. ~Sarah 

@ wrote:

@, I'm sorry to hear of your experience you had with us. I will have these details submitted to a subject matter expert for further review. ~Sarah