Highlighted

SamNB,

I found it's easiest to modify it in excel to match YNAB format.

Date,Payee,Category,Memo,Outflow,Inflow  <(====(USAA doesn't separate Outflow,Inflow for their CSV)

Once it matches, open it in notepad and paste "Date,Payee,Category,Memo,Outflow,Inflow" at the top.  USAA format is default "posted,,Date,,Payee,Category,Transaction".  I'll see if I can make something simple to auto edit it for members and make it a bit simpler.

~Zed

I am curious if anyone has found a way to download account information directly into Excel format.  If so, please post step by step information.

Thanks...MB

Highlighted

Yes-choose your account, e.g., credit card - then click on the links to:

Transactions -

I want to-

Export-

Choose date range- and you're good to go!

Trust me, I understand how hard this is to find - should be a lot easier! And I work in IT as a professional LOL!

Highlighted

Scout4U, thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Highlighted
I write out all my payments in a month. I record them to the penny! Then I figure out what date they come out on. I use one checking account with USAA to pay all of my bills. In that account, I set up "Future Transactions" for all of my payments, on their appropriate dates. This helps me do many things: 1)I don't forget when my bills or due, or worse, forget them all together. 2)At a quick glance, I can see how much non-budgeted money I will have 30 days from now. I budget the following: 1)Rent 2)Utilities-This is a decent average, and try to conserve energy in your home. 3)Various Insurance Payments 4)Credit Card Bills - These vary too. If you actively keep some credit card debt built up, make this number the maximum number you want to pay in these bills each month. If you are recovering from debt, make this amount the maximum amount that you can pay on that debt each month. 5)Loan Payments 6)Food and Toiletries 7)Internet/Cable/Phone Bills 8)Gas/Fuel All of these have kept me from missing payments, or from overspending out of my paycheck. If you find yourself with large sums of net excess each month, you should also budget that in order to get the most out of your hard-earned money! Establish how much you will put towards retirement based on how you're investing. Set a goal amount that you want to retire on, figure out your rates, and then include the necessary investment amount in your budget. College funds should also be set up this way. For example, if your child is 2, you have roughly 14 years to invest. With NO interest, investing $200/mo until he/she is 18 will leave them with $28k for spending on college. A great start towards a Bachelor degree! This is an example. Start your goal by starting at the end number. Divide by how many years until that point. Then divide by 12. Then you have your monthly contribution. Car-breakdown funds, and also vacation funds should be budgeted. Vacation funds should be budgeted around all of your other plans so that you aren't going to the Caribbean every 3 months, and left wondering why not-so-little Bobby is still living with you 30 years from now. Last, but NOT least, if you have net excess every month you should be spending some on yourself in the present. Reward you or your family with movie nights, small shopping sprees finding deals, or other fun things you like to do. Don't forget to spend a little on #1 in order to make those long-term goals realistic. When you have a running tally of your net excess every month, and you are regularly sticking to your budget, it becomes very easy to consider that new car payment, credit card bill, or any other expense a family might consider, or even unintentionally start, incurring. Since that net excess is disposable income, you don't have to worry yourself about the rest of your budget when making new financial decisions, eliminating a big source of stress when it comes to financial happiness.