I AGREE. Spent a lot of time on the phone today trying to find out what USAA is doing to help us federal employees that aren't getting paid. The answer I understand your concerns and will forward your information up. I asked if they have ever had to work and not get a pay check the answer was no. How can you understand my concerns if you've never been affected by one? I'm with you if you're not going to provide any assistance then I will take my banking elsewhere.

Do Not count the Coast Guard as lucky when it comes to USAA.  I have had multiple of my junior members request the so called PAY DAY Loan at 0.01% only to be denied.  One was denied becuase he has a home loan. They are running a hard check on your credit regardless of who you are or what organization you work for.  The members needing the most help are likely the ones with flawed credit and they are the ones being turned away.  Regardless, this so called "HELP" from USAA is a total wash.  Time to move on to a Banking institute that actually cares and works for its members, NAVY FED anyone.

I appreciate you reaching out to share your concerns today @MainecoastieWe are sorry to hear you are disappointed. We will pass your feedback along to the appropriate team. Thank you. -Emily

USAA seems to be doubling down on their failure to its membership...How many active duty, civilian employees, and retirees is USAA willing to loose...or are they betting noone will remember to switch once the govt shutdown ends?

Now that the shutdown has ended, I have closed savings accounts and shifted my direct deposit to NFCU, where I will be supported if we go through another shutdown.  Next step is getting insurance quotes to move house, cars, motorcycles, and boats out of USAA.  I've been with USAA for 40 years, but will not continue with an organization that says they support their members and then proves that they do not.

RWD-80 While we would hate to lose your business, we appreciate your feedback. Thanks for adding your voice to the conversation. - Jason

why the heck is USAA even charging interest to these folks who aren't getting paychecks??!! Because USAA doesn't care about the people, they only care about making money!