Highlighted
Limitless Contributor

I have started the long process of leaving USAA.  You see USAA used to care about their membership and doing right by them, now, not so much anymore.  As a 15+ year member and a grandson of a late Ret. AF Colonel who served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. One of his lasting legacies was to pass on the value of a USAA membership.

Over the last 6 years, I have been trying to get USAA to address and correct the unfair issue they have with regards to the USAA Secured Credit Card not being able to graduate and the only option is closing it after you have a been approved for unsecured card, thus hurting you credit because your closing the oldest credit line. USAA never listened or cared, instead all I ever got was non personal "thank you for your concern...subject matter expert...and then finally, sorry we can't help you."

So, today I have started the process of leaving USAA, just opened up an account at my local credit union, and to my surprise a much better interest rate on my savings account too! Next will be the checking and direct deposit, then my credit cards, and finally my insurance.  To all of those reading this who are fed up with USAA, please don't stay like I did for many years expecting them to fix a problem...just leave, because at the end of the day the only way to effect change is to not let them have your money.  Let's hope they wake up and see how they are treating their membership... WHAT A SHAME!

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

I am in the same boat, but I'm starting by not using them for insurance in the purchase of our new home. I am a veteran and a spouse of a retired military member. Unfortunately, the people answering the phones when you call in randomly don't have any control over how insurance claim handlers work with you, but the insurance agents Should return calls when customers leave messages. The way my insurance claim was handled back in December 2014-April 2015 has left a sour taste in my mouth ever since, and I can't get over it. Why would I trust this company to take any better care of me if I ever have an issue with my home? So like you, I plan to slowly remove our family from this bank and insurance company. I am not sure if the company is too big to take good care of the customers, or if the message from the top is maybe not one of customer service anymore. Usually a company's culture starts at the top. I'm not complaining about rates, I'm complaining about customer service. Oh also, being called by some random person to re-connect me with a USAA insurance agent to finalize a quote...um, NO. I will call when I'm ready to go forward. What is that??? I've been a member for 14 years by the way. 

Highlighted

Highlighted

@ Sadpanda99,

Thank you for over 14 years of membership.  However, it’s disheartening to hear about your experience, and please know that we do not want to lose you as a member.  I’ve escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.  Please allow 1-2 business days for contact.  Thanks~Mike     

Highlighted
Thanks USAA for your standard canned response...glad your really reading the concerns! 🙄
Highlighted

All USAA offers is canned responses.  Nothing ever changes.  Stuart Parker needs to resign.