Highlighted
Im 21 years old. If i have a fully funded 6 months living expense what should I do with the extra income? I have 2 roth IRA one personal and a 401k matching 8% dollar for dollar. Im saving for things i dont even know that I will purchase. I have very little debt , I let it ride for the credit to increase since im just starting in life. My monthly income is $1700 and my bills is total $800 a month. Any insight of making my extra money grow?

2 REPLIES

Highlighted
Awesome job. Only having an income of $1700 an still putting that much away in savings. Very impressive. I would just put the extra (up to the yearly maximum ($18,000) in your 401K. Preferably a Roth 401K since your tax bracket isn't very high right now.
Highlighted

Philly757,

Wow, I am very impressed! Sounds like you are doing a great job at securing your finances for your future. You should be very proud.

Have you checked out USAA's Financial Planning page? If you haven't, check it out. Lots of great information on there. Or you can also contact one of our financial experts, this is a service free to you with your membership. I have used it so many different times and it has always been very helpful.

You can reach them here: 1-800-771-9960

Best of luck to you, and great job at securing your future!