Email or text all debit/credit card transactions

Highlighted

DMES, I'm sorry you've been subject to fraud. It is a top priority for USAA to keep our members secure. You can set up alerts for transactions via USAA.com. You can do so by selecting your name on the top right hand side > Profile and Preferences. Once hear you will want to visit the Delivery Settings and Account Messaging sections. Delivery Settings will allow you to manage delivery via text message or email. Account Messaging will allow you to manage what kind of alerts you will get. I hope this helps. - Janay

Highlighted

Does USAA recommend a RFID blocking wallet? 

Highlighted

Hello Daugherty. Any additional layer of protection such as the RFID wallets for your credit card is always a great idea. Thanks so much for asking!

Highlighted
When will text messages for every transaction come? Seriously. You guys NEED to implement this and then notify members so we can decide to use it. Would be an AWESOME addition to the great services you already offer.
Highlighted

I can certainly agree, @CareBear77. I will be happy to share your feedback with our team in efforts to make improvements in this area. We appreciate your membership. Tricia

Highlighted

This needs to happen and I have asked every time my card has been hacked.  Other banks and CC companies do it.  Why doesn't USAA? I want to know each time my debit card has been used.  What is USAA doing to make this happen?

Thanks,

loyal customer

@Anchor1790, we do have the option to set up alerts for your accounts. You can do so by selecting your name on the top right hand side > Profile and Preferences. Once hear you will want to visit the Delivery Settings and Account Messaging sections. Delivery Settings will allow you to manage delivery via text message or email. Account Messaging will allow you to manage what kind of alerts you will get. I hope this helps. Respectfully -Colleen

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I have gone through the exact method for setting up account alerts. I did so before depositing a check to see if I had everything set up correctly. The deposit shows up in my account but I did not receive any notifications through my text messaging or my email which I set up as well to receive information in case my phone is unavailable. The alert that we are wanting is that if we swipe our debit card at a store or type it in for an online transaction we immediately get a text saying that a purchase was made, where it was made, and how much it was for. My sister’s bank sends her a text before she has even left the cash register at a store alerting her that her card has been used. This feature is not available through USAA and it needs to be implemented to help secure our accounts. If it doesn’t alert us until the transaction has posted it could be a couple days before we know the card or card number has been used. This leaves us vulnerable because that could be 2-3 days of someone using our card without our knowledge. I do check my acct balance regularly but not everyday and definitely not every hour to make sure there are no unauthorized transactions on the account. I hope USAA is working to be able to give members this peace of mind to inform us when a transaction has hit our accounts before it has posted completely.
Highlighted

@msgjpg, we do have real time alerts for your bank account. I am very sorry you have not experienced this with your recent transactions. I encourage you to contact our support team to help troubleshoot this and get this setup for you.   You may reach us at: (877) 820-8320, Sunday1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. CT (Monday - Friday7:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. CT and Saturday8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CT).  Thank you ~JM

Highlighted
None of your “solutions” will do what my discover and cap one cards do. Every time they are swiped, or some pending charge hits my account. I get a text. It’s has saved my bacon twice now. If they can do this, why can’t you? It’s important.