Disappointing Distribution

I am 20+ year loyal member writing today after receiving a small distribution....again. In recent years I have seen services go down and TV spending go to ridiculous levels. I would much rather see usaa focus on delivering the customer service that it was designed to provide....member focused. That includes a strong distribution every year. Please stop wasting money on TV ads and endorsements. Those eligible already know usaa...if they don't it is because existing members stopped recommending you (that is why service and distributions are so important).

It is frustrating and shocking that usaa management does not understand this concept.
Please sign-in to reply

11 REPLIES

Well stated. All the best in 2022. The USAA we all knew is sadly " gone with the wind". So called "MEMBERS" names, ranks and personal data where sold off for billions. Since USAA is not a public company and has no stockholders and it isn't required to comply with with full disclosure of operations as American public corperations are subject to. So USAA can rock, roll and party 'till the lights go out". So the party is on at USAA and " Members"  imput is just a nuance and a bore.  

@ wrote:
I am 20+ year loyal member writing today after receiving a small distribution....

Distribution for what?  I see a dozen threads on it, but nobody is explaining what it is or who is eligible.

Is this just a stock thing?

@ wrote:

wrote:
I am 20+ year loyal member writing today after receiving a small distribution....

Distribution for what?  I see a dozen threads on it, but nobody is explaining what it is or who is eligible.

Is this just a stock thing?

It's a distribution from your Subscriber Savings Account (SSA), which accumulates from your insurance products.

USAA has no stock. It's a private company.

I agree, and the NFL no longer represents my views and hasn't since they decided to cater to crybullies who could care less about the military and heritage Americans.

@Sand Afficiando,
And the NFL is supporting organizations that support defunding law enforcement. Interesting.
Has the distribution been made for Dec 2021?

Hi t street! We are happy to review any distribution details with you in our online chat channel on usaa.com or the mobile app, or over the phone at 800-531-8722. For general information and FAQ's please follow these steps:

To find answers to frequently asked questions online, follow these steps:

1. Click on your INITIALS at the top right-hand corner.
2. Select "Receiving Money" from the drop-down menu.
4. Select "Frequently Asked Questions" link.

We are not able to discuss account details on this social platform but can definitely help in either the chat or phone channel. We look forward to chatting or talking with you soon. Thank you for your membership! -Meredith

I do think it is incumbant for USAA to explain its significant TV presence, why it is in the member's interest and how the rate of return on this large marketing campaign is being calculated.  What is the annual TV marketing budget - what is the impact on isurance rates (dollars per member)?  As a member I would prefer to see an ad focused on what USAA is doing in Kentucky now in the wake of the suffering there rather than Rob Gronkowski trying to get coverage.  Gronk is a great football player but doesn't appeal to me as someone to trust on insurance.  

Pelican1490,

Many of us have been asking the same questions about TV advertising for years now.

I've never seen a reply.

Good luck on your quest to get an answer.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your membership and sharing your thoughts with us. I am forwarding this to the appropriate department so your voice and opinions can be heard. We try to continuously collect member feedback to improve the quality of services.