Highlighted
Contributor

I'm very disppointed with USAA's mobile Deposit. I've been banking with USAA I believe now for over 6 months. Although I have consistently deposited my check using the mobile app every 2 weeks without fail from the exact same company. They still put a hold on my funds from time to time.  I get at the beginning the reason for the hold is to prevent fraud but If it's the same deposit, from the same company and the same time frame I would think they would note the account. It's a real hassle to have funds to pay your bills but really not have them because the bank wants to hold them. I guess I will give randolph federal credit union a try and close this account. It's to much of a Hassle and they will not credit any NSF fee's because it isn't there error that they have your funds on hold. 

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

USAA Depository Agreement and Disclosures:

Remote Deposit Capture and Similar Services
The availability periods described in this section do not apply to funds submitted through FSB’s USAA Deposit@Home, USAA Deposit@Mobile, USAA EasyDeposit, other remote check deposit or remote deposit capture services, ACH debit transactions (where FSB drafts funds from (debits) a non-USAA account for deposit into your FSB account), or other similar services. FSB will hold the funds for up to seven business days from the date of deposit. In some instances, funds may be available sooner than seven business days based on such factors as credit worthiness, the length and extent of your relationship with FSB and its affiliates, transaction and experience history, and such other factors as FSB, in its sole discretion, deems relevant.

Longer Delays May Apply

Generally, if the funds from your deposit will be available later than the times shown above, FSB will notify you at the time you make your deposit and will tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to a FSB employee or if FSB decides to take this action after you have left FSB ’s office, FSB will send notice no later than the business day after the day of deposit.
For deposits made by check, availability of the funds may be delayed for a longer period under the following circumstances:
• FSB believes a check you deposited will not be paid.
• You deposited more than $5,000 on any one business day into all of your accounts.
• You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.

• One or more of your accounts has been overdrawn repeatedly in the last six months.
• There is an emergency, such as failure of computer or communications equipment.
FSB will notify you if FSB delays your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons and will tell you when the funds will be available. Funds will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.

Highlighted

Dear chrylnichole,

I empathize with your frustration. I would like to get you in contact with a member servces representative to see if there is anything else we may be able to do for you. Please click here with the details you provided above. Someone will be able to reach you directly and get this sorted out. Thank you.

Highlighted

I have the same issue.  Trust me.  They will not help.  They will only quote the USAA Bible about Deposit Holds and tell you they are very sorry.  Don't even bother with a representative.