Highlighted
Contributor

I have been a member for over 30 years.  I have banking, investment, insurance accounts all active with USAA and have had my mortage with them in the past too.  When my daughter graduated from college, I 'sold her' on using USAA for all of her needs as well.

Five years have passed and she has a good sum of money saved up and is now ready to buy her first house.  She asked me for advice and I immediately said call USAA.  Well she did and called me all upset... USAA is no longer offering Conventional Mortgage Loans, only VA.  WHAT??? I called and confirmed through a representative and she said it was only 'temporary' but she needs this service now.

I am so very disappointed in the company that I have backed for decades... and now my daughter is questioning her decisions to keep her money with USAA.  Very sad direction USAA has taken... and a loss of a customer that would have been with them decades more.

I hope others are not having these same let downs, but after looking through the community, it sounds like many are... what happened to the company that used to ALWAYS be there for us?

4 REPLIES

Highlighted

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. The product pause is part of ongoing efforts to refine business operations and concentrate on the products and services that best meet the needs of our members, This was made effective June 10, 2020. We anticipate these changes to be temporary and plan to return to a full suite of products as soon as possible. 

Highlighted

CSR Quote:

"We are sorry to hear you feel this way. The product pause is part of ongoing efforts to refine business operations and concentrate on the products and services that best meet the needs of our members, This was made effective June 10, 2020. We anticipate these changes to be temporary and plan to return to a full suite of products as soon as possible."

My thoughts:

'refine business operations and concentrate on the products and services that best meet the needs of our members' - but - 'return to a full suite of products as soon as possible'.  Both can't be true and while the current process remains completely opaque to us (the members), we, the members, are clearly noticing how badly USAA is doing and hemorrhaging members is likely to accelerate the decline of USAA.  Wish I could speed up my own departure from USAA, but may need to do just that since so many posts are pointing to an escalating decline in products, services and even caring about its members.

Highlighted

@TYPP, we appreciate your membership and feedback. It's our goal to provide products and services to meet our member's needs. I will certainly share your concern with the appropriate area. Thank you for taking the time to provide your suggestions. Tricia

Highlighted

Because they Sub Contacting stuff out now.

"Nationstar is servicing your mortgage loan on behalf of USAA and is considered a debt collector. This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. Note: If your obligation has been discharged in bankruptcy, is subject to the automatic stay or is provided for in a confirmed plan, this communication is for regulatory compliance and/or informational purposes only, and does not constitute an attempt to collect a debt or to impose personal liability for such obligation."

From https://homeusaa.com/

Nationstar / Mr. Cooper has the Mortgage side of usaa now. 

Drew