Highlighted
Contributor
My job still sends out paper checks, and the best way to deposit them I have found is to do the snapshot deposit. The problem is that only $200 is available, and the rest takes a week to clear. That makes it hard to pay all my bills on time.

Does anyone know a work around for this? Maybe Depositing into my credit union and transferring funds? Or would a cashiers check deposit instantly?

I really like usaa and would prefer to keep it my primary bank, but their paper check policy makes it very hard.

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

TJBarnes - I know deposit holds can be frustrating. Please understand all checks, even paychecks and cashier's checks, are subject to stop payment and as a result are subject to deposit holds regardless of the means of deposit. When a check is presented for deposit, we present the check to the Federal Reserve. They present the check to issuing bank. The issuing bank verifies funds available in the issuing account and sends it to the Federal Reserve, who then send the funds to us. In many cases, we credit at least some of the funds to you even though we have not received them. The hold is to protect both you and USAA and is not meant to be punitive. Wire transfers and direct deposits are not subject to holds. I hope this information has been helpful. - Jason

Highlighted
How long does a wire transfer take?
Highlighted

TJBarnes, wire transfers can take 1-2 business days for receipt, for domestic. To process a wire, please contact us at 800-531-8722 between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (CST).  ~Jen