Deb4
Contributor

Can I deposit a MoneyGram money order on my phone using Deposit@mobile? Thanks!

19 REPLIES

I would send a secure message through your account with that question to be sure first (via the message tab).

The Deposit@Home FAQ states that:

The following check types are unacceptable in the USAA Deposit@Home service:

• Cashier's Checks
  • Money order
  • Foreign check
  • Savings bond
  • Traveler's check
  • U.S. Treasury Checks

There is no FAQ for Deposit@Mobile, but I've seen several folks on this message board claim they used it to deposit money orders.

I was given a money order recently and I called into usaa. They advised me that I could deposit a money order via mobile deposit app. I ended up not needing to deposit into usaa but was advised this was possible.

Hi Deb4,

I too have seen various people state that depostiting a money order via mobile does indeed work. I do think you should give us a call here: 1-800-531-8722. A member services representative will be able to give you a definte answer.

Thank you for posting in the community, and thank you DSTEXAS! :-)

I called today on June20th 2018 and was told that you can deposit a USPS money order

Thanks for posting this. Makes life easy. USPS is about as official as you can get outside of straight treasury checks.

@Ed0001, Let us know if you have any questions. ~ Suzy (=

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I just deposited a Moneygram money order on the mobile app.  It took me a few tries to get it.  Best practice is manually scan the money order.  Make sure you have plenty of light overhead, zoom in close and if needed try tilting your phone at a slight angle to get it to work.  Don't give up!!! It will work after a few tries.

ForcedBump,

Thank you for sharing!

I purchased a Western Union money order from Kroger, signed it to myself, and then used the deposit@mobile. It worked great! I am very thankful, because I do not like carrying large sums of cash on me.