Highlighted
Contributor

I get checks every month that need to be deposited. When I first fired BOA and went with USAA, I was very happy

with the ease of depositing checks, using my scanner. Then about a year ago, it started to get very frustrating. Every time I would go into the application, I would get warnings that my browser was not up-to-date or I needed to download the latest version of Java or both. Sure, I could go out in the Phoenix heat of summer (110 degrees), or try to keep my senior shaky hands steady while using my smart phone, but the scanner worked so well. If USAA is going to make life hard for me, I don't have a problem changing banks again. I've done it before and perfectly willing to do it again. Think about your senior customers and those who might be home bound. USAA needs to try harder.

1 REPLY

Highlighted

BillPhoenix5,

We surely do not want to cause you any frustration. Below is the email that went out to member just a few days ago.

Effective Aug. 28, 2015, the PC versions of most internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) will no longer support the Java applet that Deposit@Home needs to run on PCs. We have no control over this external issue, but we have several convenient deposit options.

How to Continue Making Deposits From a PC

To continue using Deposit@Home from a PC, follow these steps to scan and upload check images:

Use your scanner to create .jpg images of both sides of your check, and save them to your PC.

Go to Deposit@Home, and follow the upload instructions.

Other Deposit Options

You can also make deposits using these convenient options:

Deposit@Mobile® - Deposit your endorsed check with your smartphone and the USAA mobile app.

Deposit-capable ATMs - Use USAA Bank ATMs at our financial centers or in retail locations to make cash or check deposits.

This Change Does Not Affect Mac Users

If you're a Mac user, please continue to use Deposit@Home as you normally do.

If you have questions or need help, call our website customer support center at 1-800-845-8024. We're available everyday from 6 a.m. to midnight CT. We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

As you see above, you are still able to make your deposits using Deposit@Home, the process will just be a little bit different. Thank you.