Deposit@Home discontinuing

I know there is another conversation about this, but I want to be sure mine gets seen. I rarely do forums or make harsh comments in a public forum, but I have had enough change from USAA. I wrote a message to them through my Messages tool within my account. Funny, tho, I still had a message from February 2021 that was still in Active status...no one ever responded. So, now that I found the USAA community, I have something to say and I will paste in the message that I sent today:

This is not a technical support issue. And I want this message to get to the highest rank official within USAA. I am writing in reference to the discontinuation of the Deposit@Home service. I AM APPALLED AT THIS MOVE! I have been using this service since its inception. I always spoke with pride about this USAA service because you were the first, and as far as I know, still the only banking institute to have this online service. I DO NOT take to using my phone to do this kind of transaction with any company. I just can't believe that USAA is paring down so much of what they have been about for all these years, service to their MEMBERS. My local newspaper, Dallas Morning News, has a Watchdog (Dave Lieber) who has been writing about horror stories where insurance claims (roofs, auto) are being turned down because of a third party entity that runs your claims and makes horrific decisions not to honor the coverage; that USAA commercials are becoming a sham. Is this really how you want to be known? How you want to be seen when "serving" members, active military, vets, family? I am so disappointed in USAA these days. The changes you are, and have been making, are NOT GOOD FOR YOUR MEMBERS! Only good for whatever profit-seeking company is now running your business. Shame on you, USAA, for looking at the almighty dollar rather than for what is best for your members. All this time I have been doing your surveys, I thought I was talking to people who all these years have really cared for us. You end your letter on the upcoming change to the Deposit@Home notice with "USAA is committed to providing you with exceptional service." I don't use this language often, but I say bull. You are turning into just another bank that is only out for their own profit, no matter what it does to the inconvenience of those that have defended your country, taken abuse as soldiers, members "allowing us to serve you" (as you also say at the end of your letters). It's becoming so much hype and sadly there will be nothing we can do about it as so-called "members." Members are suppose to have some kind of power, but we are now becoming just people that choose to use one of many banks that spew hype about so-called "exceptional service." Shame, shame, shame on you. How can you sleep at night knowing that we don't really matter in the scheme of making a profit? The Watchdog quoted a few claim adjusters that were saddened by what they had to tell their customers about their claims, knowing that Allcat(sp?) who does the adjusting now was very much in the wrong. It's just now all bull. My apologies again for my language, but that is the harshness of what I feel about USAA these days. My father would be so disappointed to see what you have done to yourself. As I write this grievance, I do hear in my head "you don't know all the details; you can't make these statements without seeing your own proof." Yes, I realize that, but still, I am on the end of a failing institutional philosophy that USAA carried for so many years. The world we live in is changing what true caring and convenience really is. Younger people won't know the difference, and that is a big shame. No doubt that this will fall on deaf ears, ears that will follow the status quo.

Please sign-in to reply

16 REPLIES