I got a phone call yesterday from an absolutely miserable person that should NOT be in any public contact position.  Purely belligerant and unresponsive.  No member concerns at all ....  'this is the way it is and we don't care if you don't like it.'

So, having been told in no uncertain terms that depositors don't matter, I looked into something I recently got.  For those of you that don't know, the FCC has implemented a program where people can get discounts on monthly internet broadband service and also get an 8" tabler for a very low cost.  I got mine in the mail a few weeks ago and haven't really had much use for it.  But I found out I could load the USAA program on it and since it does not have a Sim card slot, there are none of the risks associated with cell phone service.  This one works over my home internet service the same way my PC does.

The program opens and logs into my account just fine.  I have not tried to deposit a check yet and may not have need to for a while.

I know for certain the camera will not take as detailed a picture as a scanner will and it's no where near as convenient as a PC, but since they're shoving this lesser option down our throats, it's at least a temporary alternative until they come to their senses.

If you're not eligible for the FCC program, some tablets can be had fairly inexpensively, but check to make sure the one you choose is secure in that it does not have a SIm card slot.  Maybe they all do, maybe this one does and I don't know it, but without a card installed it doesn't really matter..

If they're going to force this on  us, it seems like they should be provinding tablets at no cost.  For many of us, the ATM card doesn't do any good for deposits.  In my case, the closest ATM that accepts deposits is over 80 miles away in another state.  Why deposits aren't accepted at all ATMs at any bank branch is beyond me.  But it seems like they don't care in this regard either.  They give us an ATM card we can't use for deposits, they take away our ability to make deposits from our PCs, the very least they could do is supply tablets to use a service theyr're forcing on us..

2 REPLIES

Really? The customer rep actually said "this is the way it is and we don't care if you don't like it."? This is a direct quote or your interpretation? And your other interpretation?: "So, having been told in no uncertain terms that depositors don't matter," (your words). Yup, there are some customer reps that aren't very good, but judging from how you make judgments (and here I am making a judgment about you), I'm guessing you are fairly unhappy with any customer service that doesn't give you 100% of what you want, which just isn't possible for the millions of customers of thousands of businesses. Sure, I am highly dissatisfied with the loss of Deposit@Home, and I will be angry if it goes away, but so far I have talked with customer reps who have voiced concern for my unhappiness. I have never gotten "an absolutely miswerable person" yet with USAA. Perhaps it is because of what they hear in your voice and the words you speak to them. It is hard to hold one's tongue when being spoken to without respect, but, hey, not that you do that.

@ wrote:

but so far I have talked with customer reps who have voiced concern for my unhappiness.

Lip service.

Just like in the Absurd thread you quoted.