Highlighted

Hello there, and Happy Holidays!

I've been hearing a lot on the news lately about debt relief programs like National Debt Relief, Freedom Debt Relief, and Credit Associates. I currently have way more debt than I'm comfortable with, much of it credit card debt. I'm actively paying down the balances, but I'm living paycheck to paycheck, mostly, and I'm looking for any advantage possible. I'm wondering if there is anything worth looking into about these programs, if they could be helpful to me, and if so - which is the best? A quick internet search says the National Debt Relief seems to be the best deal, but I'm worried about "fine print" and missing some important information that might come back to haunt me later (I learned my lesson when I fell for the timeshare pitch!). Any advice you might offer is greatly appreciated!

Jacki

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hello and thank you for your inquiry concerning the debt relief programs. We truly understand the importance of finding a financial solution that will provide you with the best advantage in paying off your debt. Please feel free to call our Financial Improvement Team (FIT) for assistance. We can offer you guidance to help with developing a debt reduction plan, building an effective budget, saving money, and how to build and maintain good credit. We can be reached at 800-245-9360, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. and on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time. Look forward to speaking with you! - Darrell

Highlighted

Jackson8,

Don't get sucked into those debt relief programs.  Living paycheck to paycheck is not good, but those debt relief programs are worse.  I recommend you listen to the Dave Ramsey or the Clark Howard podcasts.  You can search for them on YouTube and listen to their financial advice.

If you can't get a second job to get extra income, cut back on all unnecessary items such as eating out, fast food, movie theater, etc., and send extra payments to the principal of the credit cards.