Highlighted
James47
Contributor

Hello,

I have been a member with USAA for quite some time now. A few years ago I took a unsecured loan out with auto payments that had one payment that was not pulled which has left my account in uter shambles since. I was living in Germany at the time with all of mail going to my home of record in the USA. This turned out to be a bad choice that left me without awareness of my account status. Long story short, I have been being reported as missing payments for over a year. At the present time, I have since sold all of my assets off in Germany and self funded my return back to the USA. I applied for a home loan and found out that my credit is horrible standings. I have thought about asking USAA to please remove the reporting on my account or provide a letter of "good faith" stating that my account was not if fact as bad as they have reported over the last year so I can improve my credit standings. My offer to USAA is the mentioned letter in writing to me and I will gladly pay my loan in full once we can come to a sensible agreement. 

Is this a doable Quid quo Pro or am I asking to much of this institution? What would you recommend for an "Easy" for both parties fix to this situation?

Thank you,

James

1 REPLY

@James47, Thanks you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand you wish for us to remove the negative information from your credit report. USAA will not remove information from reporting unless the information is not accurate. The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires that any account that is reported be reported accurately. To ensure our membership is treated fairly, and that we are in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Regulation Z, we will not make these types of exceptions. - Ben