Highlighted
Contributor
Hello there USAA community,

I was wondering if the various USAA credit cards offer the option to payoff at the end of statement date and if you can use that option with a outside checking account.
I currently have a NFCU card that only allows statement payments from the NFCU Checking account.
Thank you. :)

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hi @Cluber, thank you for reaching out! Once you receive your statement from your USAA card, you do have the option to pay it off completely. You can also set up an external account for payments. I hope this helps! ~Holland

Highlighted

@ wrote:
Hello there USAA community,

I was wondering if the various USAA credit cards offer the option to payoff at the end of statement date and if you can use that option with a outside checking account.
I currently have a NFCU card that only allows statement payments from the NFCU Checking account.
Thank you. :)

Are you sure about that? I have an NFCU Visa/MC/AMEX can a series of NFCU accounts and an external accounts if I choose--to pay my credit card bill or any other. You have to set up the external accounts on your NFCU acct. I can even schedule the payments. Just keep in mind that you need to give at least a day or two for those payments to get to the other financial institution if you're using an external account to do it. It doesn't happen instantly if that is what you're hoping for. You also might want to read the fine print on those bank pamplets about external transfers--especially when it comes to CC payments. Good luck.