Highlighted
Contributor

Hi there,

I went through a hard financial time in 2015, and I'm not trying to improve my credit score and pay off all of my credit cards, getting them in good standing.

I signed up for Credit Karma, and have been checking my credit report regularly.  I have a couple late payments from my USAA Credit Card reported on my credit report.  I've been working with a financial counselor at my Air National Guard base trying to work hard to pay off debts and get everything fixed, to the best of my ability.

I have written a letter to USAA explaining my situation and asking for credit forgiveness, and I'm wondering if there's a good address I can send it certified mail?  I was unsure if I should send it to the HQ address, because it might not get to the hands of the right person.

I appreciate any help!

Thank you.

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

Dear schild22,

First, I commend you for taking control of your credit!

I recommend you reach out to our Financial Improvement Team at 1-800-531-USAA(8722) extension 2-4483. This team concentrates on member assistance related to: debt management, budgeting and building/maintaining credit. They will be able to ensure your request is in the right hands.

Thank you for taking the time to comment here in the community!

Highlighted

Hi there,

I am on the phone with the number and extension you provided. I've been on hold waiting for a representative for 51 minutes.  Can they call me back directly?

I'm at work and can't stay on the phone :(

Thank you!

Highlighted

schild22,

I am sorry for the long hold you are experiencing. I will have a representative reach right out to you. Thank you.