Contributor

I called to see about getting my credit card limit increased. I told the lady I would like to raise my limit to $55,000 for a specific purchase. She was most helpful and took all of my information. She then informed me the query would show up on my credit score which I didn't mind (at the time). When she ran the numbers she told me I had been disapproved. I then asked to speak to a manager and when she got on the line she was very helpful as well. at the end of it all I was told I was at the maximum limit allowed for credit cards $35,000. I understand it may be increased on a case by case situation but the process has potential pit falls.

My only issue is this; I feel I should have been told up front the maximum limit on credit cards is $35,000 except for special cases which I will not go into here. Armed with this information I could have saved 20 minutes time for me, her and the manager as well as not having a query on my credit score for no good reason.

1 REPLY

Highlighted

Credit Card Limit,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I will pass your feedback through to the appropriate department. Please email us your member number and concerns to [expired email]