Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Ever since I have started my memebership with USAA I've valued the services offered.  While there have been time of frustration I've never felt that USAA hasn't had my best best interest at hand as a valued memember until I had an issue with a hotel charge that was cancelled due to the Covid-19 state of emergency.   Obviously everything was sut down my trip had to be cancelled but the hotel kept my $100.00 deposit as a cancellation fee although they were unable to provide the services.  The worst part is that the hotel was closed and I left messages and emails and even had a phone coversation to which the Manager told me ofcourse they would refund the charge but blamed they travelosity is who I need to deal with.  I reached out to travelocity and they blamed the hotel.  At that point I reached out to USAA.  They began the dispute and it ended with them saying they did not find a issue with the charge and I should follow up hotel.  Even speaking with cutsomer service in over the phone and in chats they completely understand and even agree that this should be refunded the dispute department says that even though this is covid relalated they must follow the guidelines.  I will agree that if this was something I cancelled and they were able to provide services I would eat this fee and not complain but in a state of emergency that no one even thought possible USAA needs to conform and protect its members in a time of distress.  It seems like at a time I needed USAA the most between fear of sickness, loss of income, and even being able to put food on my table is excatly when USAA turned its back on me.  I'm not going to pretend im going to switch banks and insurances because my few dollars wouldn't be noticed by USAA and I do enjoy the ease of use and services that are offered.  I will say if I ever had large somes of money and dealt with large transactions I would never trust USAA with that.    

Most Helpful
Highlighted
I wanted to update as well as thank USAA for reaching out and even getting the CEO's office to help review my situation. I will say learning the hold up on my dispute went a long way. Also being able to speak with someone we found that my dispute is valid but the approach just had to be corrected. It's still not completely resolved but my level of frustration with the situation is gone. This forum definitely has value although it's unfortunate it had to come to a public level before getting to the resolution but at least USAA doesn't take the negative comments to heart and tries to work with its members. (In my case) That's definitely a foundation for trust in my opinion. Thank you USAA.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES

Highlighted

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today @Paperboy410. I was able to locate your profile and will engage the appropriate area for review. Once reviewed if further details are needed you may be contacted. We do appreciate your patience in advance. -Emily 

Highlighted
Thanks for responding and thanks for having this looked into. I can tell that someone has looked into it. The hotel owner has contacted me again and requested my debit card number to refund my account. Unfortunately it's the second time he's done this and I've waited over a week for it not to appear. I've contacted him again today to tell him it's still hasn't appeared and he said "oh my system rejected your card information but give me your card number again and I'll force it through". I'm clearly getting the run around he just doesn't want to refund my account and it's likely more so because I decided to dispute the charge when he wouldn't answer the phone a month ago. But it's would be nice if someone could actually help me out and reverse this charge. I feel like he's telling whoever is directing him to resolve it that he's taking care of it just to get them off his back. This is why I'm frustrated that USAA will not do the right thing and reverse this. I've given my card number 3 times to someone who's probably just pretending to be inserting it into some machine. I'm more angry that I'm still dealing with this than the fact that I actually could use that money.
Highlighted

@Paperboy410, thank you for providing an update on the dispute. I can certainly understand your anger since you've been dealing with this dispute for months. I'll share your updates with the team that has been assigned to review your concerns. ~DC

Highlighted
Can someone please contact me and let me know what usaa is able to do? If you are just asking this business to do the right thing then it's not working. I've requested a call via chat a month ago and all I got was a letter that I received once before.
Highlighted
I wanted to update as well as thank USAA for reaching out and even getting the CEO's office to help review my situation. I will say learning the hold up on my dispute went a long way. Also being able to speak with someone we found that my dispute is valid but the approach just had to be corrected. It's still not completely resolved but my level of frustration with the situation is gone. This forum definitely has value although it's unfortunate it had to come to a public level before getting to the resolution but at least USAA doesn't take the negative comments to heart and tries to work with its members. (In my case) That's definitely a foundation for trust in my opinion. Thank you USAA.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@Paperboy410, thank you for posting an update. I'm pleased to learn that you were able to speak with the CEO's office and doing so has eased your level of frustration. Your loyalty and trust mean the world to us! ~DC 

Highlighted
Sorry to hear about your situation. Doubt any SME will be helpful. I guess those so called credit card benefits buried in their disclosure agreements don't mean much. Interesting how they promote their protection benefits but have a tough time supporting them. Hope you're able to get your issues resolved to your satisfaction.
Highlighted
Well I decided to wait before responding to see if something would happen and it seems as though you're correct. It just sucks I'm just trying to get something back that should have been automatic based on the reason my reservation was canceled. I feel like maybe if I used american express it would have been handled differently and that's what bothers me cause usaa is my actual bank. Thanks for responding to my post. It's appreciated that you took the time. It seems like you may have done more than USAA in this case. Haha I'm not even sure if I'm joking about that last statement. Although it was meant to be. I still love you USAA but u really suck in this moment.
Highlighted

Is it just me or nobody who writes on these forums get annything resolved? I didn't...