The exchange rate between U.S Dollars and Euro's is constantly changing. Therefore you could check one of several websites which will do the calculation for you. In addition, there are Mobile Apps which also might help you.
Here are some EXTERNAL LINKS:
3. Apple iPhone App - Euro to Dollar **(There are more iPhone Apps but you need to visit iTunes Store via iPhone).
4. Apple iPhone App - XE Currency **(There are more iPhone Apps but you need to visit iTunes Store via iPhone).
I hope I have helped...
1. To place travel alerts on your USAA Accounts click on the following LINKS:
2. Use of ATM's overseas with magnetic strip on back Debit Cards / Credit Cards is getting harder and harder.
3. As for your advice on use of the Chase Military Star Card here is some information (for you and other Members):
I hope I have helped.
Welcome to the USAA Member Community Forum.
Thank-you for your service.
Now as for your post and question.
Hope I have answered your question.
The FAQ's say that we receive a "favorable exhange rate", I want to know what rate that is? I know it changes from day to day but where does USAA get this "favorable exchange rate". I live overseas and use my USAA debit card to withdraw euro all the time. However there is no place on the website to look and see what I'm going to be charged that day to withdraw euros, I have to wait and see when it "hard posts" to my account. I don't like this as it doesnt' allow me to shop around for a better rate. So please explain what the "favorable rate" is and where it comes from so I can check daily before I withdraw euro. Thank you!
I am sorry to hear about your recent experience. I’d love to get you in touch with someone who can help. Please email
Expired Link with your member number and contact information.
That is a great question for one of our banking specialists who can be reached at 1-800-531-8722. Please keep in mind that the rates are always changing, so I recommend calling about the rate near the date and time you plan on making the purchase! Thank you!