What has happened to USAA? Customer support is all but non-existent call times are unacceptably long. The chat is as useless as any civilian bank. We are here because we trusted you. That trust is waiting and we are currently bank shopping again. I can’t believe I am even typing this. I never thought I would have to look for another bank. I think you should stop hiring non military “banking” executives and bring some real military people who understand that this was more than a bank and insurance company. Emphasis on the WAS.

5 REPLIES

Smart move leaving USAA.

When I contact USAA it’s because I need to speak with a representative. The AI CANNOT answer my questions. A chat with predetermined questions is of absolutely no help

Hello, @Maidese. The "chat bot" just acts as a menu to navigate the website as well as connecting with USAA's servicing teams. The hours of operation for the chat teams are Monday - Friday 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. CST and Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. CST. ~ Steven

Setting aside my personal disdain for the automated phone system, this should help.
To reach Website Customer Support, I was recently told to do the following: Have zero background noise > If prompted enter your member # or SSN > if prompted enter your PIN > allow the “computer lady” to spout off the 5 or 6 options > then say “SUPPORT” and nothing else. If the computer lady spouts off additional options, remain silent > then say “REPRESENTATIVE” or press zero. It worked for me, hopefully it will for others.

We also have been looking at other options for banking.  USAA has been on the decline for years now.  There is very little hope of getting better :(