Let me walk you through the process.
1. USAA will automatically display any USAA Accounts to include linked Checking Accounts of Family Members after they have added you to their account and/or after you have added them to your account.
2. Every USAA Member can Add Family Members to their Account. Here is how:
3. IMPORTANT: You then may need to perform the steps for Adding and Account found here prior to doing any Funds Transfers and Bill Pay actions.
4. Once you (and your spouse) have completed the steps shown in paragraph 2 and 3 above, the both of you will have access to each others accounts to use as you wish, like for Funds Transfers and Bill Pay actions.
5. PLEASE NOTE: Prior to performing any financial transactions on Linked Accounts to help protect you from fraud and theft, USAA requires that the accounts you own must go through an account owner verification process before they will be available for use in funds transfers. This verification process must be completed prior to performing any Funds Transfers and/or Bill Pay actions.
6. More related informaion about Manage and Adding Accounts can be read in the FAQ found here.
I hope this helps you and answers your question.