USAA refuses to help on a cashiers check that was never received. The check was mailed on 3/12 to my home and I know for a fact it wasn’t received but I can’t get anyone to help. All they tell me is to wait 90 days. So in the meantime I’m just supposed to be out $9,000? I’m filing complaints with the FDIC and the OCC and I’ve already moved my insurance because I found it cheaper elsewhere and after this latest debacle will move my accounts as well.

3 REPLIES

@Edmondson86, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us regarding the cashier's check you ordered. I regret to hear the check did not arrive. I will forward your feedback about the waiting period to stop the check to the appropriate team for further review. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you. - Rhonda 

Run, do not walk, away from USAA as fast and as far as you can! USAA didn't just diminish itself from a superior compnay to an average one, but they descended to the level of a company with questionable and sometimes outright seedy business practices. I'm a 37 year member and moved almost all of my money to other banks, and dropped my insurance and swithched to GEICO 6 months ago- better rates, more options, and none of the USAA bull.

Very well stated.  USAA is not the company it once was.  What has been intentionally done to USAA is a disgrace.