Highlighted
Contributor

Like many others have posted, I live in a major US city, and it has no local ATMs.  My employment means that I have regular cash that needs to be deposited.

When I called customer service, their only solution was to either go BUY a money order and deposit that, or deposit it into another bank and transfer it back into USAA.  Surely, I can't be the only one that finds these suggestions laughable... thousands of Banks and Credit Unions have joined services like Cirrus or NYCE to handle reciprocal cash deposits through ATM's.  If I am going to deposit my money into another bank because it is easier, I am just going to leave it there.  

This is HORRIBLE customer service, and one that is well-documented with your customers.  The fact that it hasn't been addressed in decades is a serious problem.  This is a basic banking function, and yet USAA seems to be unable to figure it out.

3 REPLIES

liljoeblue, we appreciate your feedback regarding our deposit options. Your feedback is important to us as we strive to provide excellent products and services for our members. I understand this situation is important to you, and I regret the inconvenience and frustration it has caused.

Highlighted
Mobile and remote bank has become
More and more difficult and frustrating with USAA. They expect us to buy bank checks, drive all over town to get money into our accounts for them to turn around and hold the funds. They are not remotely keeping up with modern banking. Instead of investing in better remote banking options they are spending money with the NFL. Does this sound like a better investment??
Highlighted

We have received your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. The last thing we would want to do is cause you difficulties or frustration with your banking. At this time the options we've previously shared are the only options available for depositing cash. This issue is not related to our sponsorship with the NFL. Our purpose in becoming a league sponsor was to honor and appreciate the military community, and that will continue to be our focus. Professional football continues to be among the most watched programming and through our sponsorship, an avenue for us to encourage America to join us in saying “thank you” to our military and their families. Please let us know if you have additional questions and we are happy to assist you. - Darrell