Highlighted
Contributor

Wayne Peacock sends an email offering all kinds of assistance to lessen the financial burden of paying premiums and when I called 1-800-531-8111 NO ONE KNEW A THING ABOUT IT! No, really, your CS rep in Auto never heard of it. Nor did the billing person she spoke to.

Memeber for 31 years. I remember when I was proud to be so. Last 5 years have been a joke.  

12 REPLIES

Highlighted

@ChristinaP, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and can understand how frustrating this must have been. I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate area for further review. ~Danielle

Highlighted

And every 30 seconds yet another commercial advertising USAA..Who is paying for this advertising? Wasn't the fact that this was a limited insurance to a smaller community what made USAA great? Something has been lost to the almighty profit!

Highlighted

Oh what a great point!!!  I love that!!!  NO MORE MONEY WASTED ON COMMERCIALS!!!  Give back to the members!

Highlighted

think we all need help and perhaps a reduction in payments is what USAA should be doing for its members....I too have been with USAA for 30+ years.  Everyone would appreciate a reduced payment until things get back to normal.  Please listen to your members USAA.

Highlighted

@cvb8, Thank you for your loyalty over the past 30+ years. We understand that members may find themselves facing financial difficulties because of the impacts of COVID-19. You can learn what we are doing to assist members here: http://USAA.com/coronavirus. -DC

What are the steps to begin receiving that assistance? Thank you.

Highlighted

@jasonanthony, We understand that members may find themselves facing financial difficulties because of the impacts of COVID-19. You can learn what we are doing to assist members here: http://USAA.com/coronavirus.  ~JM

Highlighted

WHY even post that link????? You KNOW, USAA, that there is absolutely no mention of assistance for mortgage or payment reduction assistance in this so called "help for COVID-19" write-up, only mention of special assistance for various types of insurance. I just went through a very painful mortgage process with USAA at TRYING to reduce my mortgage payments and it was like my service, past payment history, and being a loyal member for 25+ years never mattered; trust me, plan to get 2-3 more jobs to pay your mortgage because USAA would honestly rather laugh at your assistance requests, hear you cry, take your home and give you a swift kick out the door before they would ever reduce payments or offer true assistance to their supposedly "valued" customers.  

Highlighted

USAA could allow everyone to make interest only payments for the time being....  that would be easy to do and should make a difference without impacting anything....  keep people in their homes.

Also an across the board interest reduction since the rates just went to zero....  really be there for the veterans...  pass on the savings...  unless USAA is just like all the rest...  greedy.