Are the lights on - son's birthday dissapointment

Highlighted
Contributor

Here's a note I sent to USAA earlier: 

What in the world is going on. You guys lock me out of my debit card account (first time in 6 years) and then say its to protect me. BS. It's to protect USAA.

So, I call and have to listen to some computer voice go over my last 20+ transactions even though they say they are only going to review 5.

At the end I say "YES" they are all appropriate charges and the computer says "Thank you, your card is no longer blocked and you may use it now"

Thank you very much, because I thought it would work and was with my son because we were going to an NBA game tonight. I'm outside the arena - put in my card to get cash out so I can buy tickets and it says "card is blocked." 4 times I tried.

Thank you for disappointing my son this evening. Supposed to be a special birthday present because USAA said my card worked. Instead we went home. I tried at 4 other ATM's and a merchant. All declined. What the &$*#

ACTIVATE MY DAM CARD AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 REPLY

Highlighted

Dear qwertyuiopasdfghhl,

I am so sorry about the frustration the hold on your card has caused. If you could please email us at socialmedia@usaa.com with your member number and the best way to contact you , we will be in touch shortly to sort out this hold. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.