Highlighted
Contributor
About a year ago I took out a secured card with USAA. Secured with a 2yr CD as collateral. Every month made my payment for the balance in full early and never went over my limit. I would pay the balance when it reached its limit and use it so I didn't have to use my debit card. This month without notification of the timing of the annual fee, it put my card over its limit by 10.00. This put a red flag on my account so my payment made in full on Monday the 8th ( not due until 23rd), has been placed on security hold for 7 business days making my ability to use my card (declined) until the middle of next week. I'm really feeling I am being treated unfair because they still got the fee, but hold me responsible for the over limit caused by that charge. Also by putting my funds they already have and credited to my account on hold and my bank verifies has been processed. It would have been nice to receive some advance notification that this fee was coming so I could have avoided this. As a customer it took me over an hour and three representatives to finally have them say the hold stands. I have put in a request to cancel the card, my CDs, and my auto insurance with USAA. I would completely understand if I did not pay my bill, or had gone over my limit proving a risk on my part to USAA. I've been in good standing across all my accounts. Nobody wanted to listen or remove the hold. Great job USAA! I'll take my business elsewhere. I don't need a credit card that blindsides me with the annual fee and punishes me for being responsible.

1 REPLY

Highlighted

Boxer63, 

I can only imagine how frustrated you are given the circumstances. We want to make sure that we have one of our contacts in the bank review your situation to see if there's something USAA can do. If you don't mind providing a few additional details, we can have one of our team members review your account: by clicking here.