Highlighted
Contributor
Did USAA recently change their policy regarding the refund of non-USAA ATM fees?

I'm not complaining, just curious. Since there is extremely limited access to branch locations and USAA ATMs, I have appreciated the trade-off of seeing that "surcharge refund". As of late, I have not seen these refunds hit my account.

Did I miss this very important (well, it's important to me) announcement?

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

It is still in the USAA Depository and Disclosures:

USAA ATM/Debit Card Fees & Limits
USAA ATM FEES
All Withdrawals ...  .................................................................................................................$0
NON-USAA ATM FEES
First 10 withdrawals per monthly statement cycle..............................................................$0
Each withdrawal after the first 10 per month .......................................................................$2
USAA Federal Savings Bank (FSB) will automatically refund ATM surcharges incurred up to $15 per monthly account statement, except for the monthly statement cycle in which an account is closed.

Preferred ATMs do not charge a surcharge for USAA members.  You can locate these ATMs using the USAA Locator.  If your using one those ATMs there will not be any fees to refund.

ATM.JPG

Highlighted

Thank you for posting, DSTEXAS!

Highlighted

Dear Lets Get Real,

Thank you for posting! We have not changed our policy.  USAA Federal Savings Bank (FSB) will automatically refund ATM surcharges incurred up to $15 per monthly account statement, except for the monthly statement cycle in which an account is closed.