Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog month, and in that spirit, I thought I'd share some pictures and pet related advice!

petphoto1.jpg

Making the Decision to Own a Pet- My family considers our dog Bailey to be a member of the family. We put a lot of thought into getting a dog and waited until we knew we could provide a stable and forever home for our pet. Military life can be rough on a pet (frequent moves, long absences of family members) and it takes a serious commitment and dedication to ensure the pet is healthy and happy.

PCSwithLargeDOg 

PCSing with a large dog- members share their advice and tips for moving with a dog.

PregnancyandPets 

Pregnancy and Pets- ways to help your fur baby get used to the idea of your human baby

travel with pets.jpg 

Traveling with your Pet:: some suggestions to help make your pet more comfortable on your next move or vacation!

Please share a photo of your pet in the comments!

petphoto8.jpg

About the Blogger: Briana Hartzell is a Navy spouse, mother to two beautiful girls (3 years and 6 months), a former full time USAA employee and a graduate of Texas A&M University. Briana writes at Being Briana, a blog focused on the joys that military life and parenthood can bring.

235989 - 1016

6 REPLIES

Highlighted
Stumbled on this and smiled! That is one happy dog. I see a big head sticking out the driver's side window, nose up and ears flapping in the wind!
I miss that, but thank you for giving me my 'dog fix' for the day...

And Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family, and of course Bailey (no drooling at the table)!!
Highlighted

Thank you Taspole!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too- I hope it is filled with good company, great food and lots of happiness! I'll give Bailey an extra pat (and maybe a little piece of turkey) in your honor.

Highlighted

Is there a list someplace of Restricted Dog Breeds that USAA won't cover? I've been searching the boards and online and I'm coming up with conflicting information.

Highlighted

Thanks for reaching out in Community, KarMC! USAA does not restrict any dog breeds, however, we still consider if the dog has ever bitten or attacked anyone due to the increased risk exposure. I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you! -Cynthia  

Highlighted

USAA won't raise the cost of your policy if you buy a large breed dog (mastiff) that has never bit anyone???

Highlighted

That is correct AJ03.  There are a lot of factors that can affect a policy renewal, however owning a dog and it's breed are not one of them.  Thank you for posting today.  -  Justin