Highlighted
kateyack
Contributor

Hi,

I recently got married and just legally got my last name changed. I was wondering about the process of changing my name on my account.

Thank You

Most Helpful

Hello @Estrombeck, you are able to call us at 800-531-8722 or chat with us online to change your last name. To initiate a secure online chat, please select ASK USAA near the top of your account page, or from the HELP tab, select Chat from the Contact Us Chat options. Our chat team is available 24/7. -Colleen

16 REPLIES

@kateyack, congratulations!! I will be more than happy to help with your name change! I will be sending you a private message with further information :) ~Samantha

Could you please let me know what i need to do to have my name changed? I got married a few moths ago and trying to change everything over to my now legal married name 

@bb11, congratulations! We will be more than happy to help with your name change. I will send you a private message as well with further information! ~ Samantha

I also need to change my name. Can you let me know the appropriate next steps to get my account updated? Thanks!

Hello @OtterLove, you can call us at 800-531-8722 or chat with us online for assistance with this name change. -Colleen

I also need changed my legal name & would like to update it.

@Wifey1121, We'd be happy to assist with a name change. Please call us at 210-531-8722 or chat with us by selecting "Help" and then "Communicate with USAA". ~DC

I also need to legally change my name - please POST directions on how to do so.  It is absolutely absurd that every person with a legal name change must post on this message OR call during business hours, when like every other vendor that we need to contact, you will inevitably tell us to mail, fax, or email you additional documentation.  Think of the time and energy that could be saved by posting directions for people who have legally changed their names.  Your private message system options do not have ANY options for account services, and your automated chat continually redirects name change inquiries to the generic accounts page.

Hello @KHH23, for the security of our members profiles we do not allow name changes online. You would have to call us or chat online in order to make this change. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. -Colleen