With so many different military family support programs being offered at your installation you might not know where to begin when it comes to attending classes or workshops designed to help you get through a deployment. Accessing those available classes and workshops becomes even more difficult if you are a National Guard or Reserve family living far away from any military installation. Here on the blog we work to highlight different resources that are out there to help with deployment readiness.
One such deployment readiness resource is the Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program (YRRP), which is a Department of Defense (DoD) effort specifically designed to support National Guard and Reserve Service Members and their families by connecting them with resources both nationally and at a local level through the key stages of a deployment.
Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program Events
Here are five things you need to know about the YRRP events:
1. What you can expect – According to the MilitaryOneSource.mil website, National Guard and Reserve members and their families attending a Yellow Ribbon event will have “access to information on health care, education and training opportunities, financial services, and legal benefits.” In addition, “The DoD works in conjunction with federal partners, including the Small Business Administration and Departments of Labor and Veterans Affairs, to provide up-to-date and relevant information…” All of this is offered in an effort to minimize the stress of a deployment and to better prepare both the service member and their family.
2. Who is eligible? – The YRRP events are only open to National Guard and Reserve members and their families.
3. How to Find an event - There are hundreds of events currently listed on the YRRP events website happening all across the country from now until the end of 2013. To find one in your area and for more information visit: http://www.yellowribbon.mil/event_plus.html
4. Can I still attend an event after a deployment? – Yes! The YRRP program takes great care to address the unique challenges associated with key stages of deployment, including post-deployment. Events are offered at the following key stages during the deployment cycle:
During deployment (just for families and loved ones)
Post-Deployment (30, 60 and 90 days after deployment)
5. A place to connect and learn – The YRRP events offer families the chance to meet and get to know others sharing the same experience. It’s a safe place to talk about experiences and share fears, but also a place to ask important questions, feel appreciated and learn from others on how they navigated a deployment successfully.
For more information on the Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program visit the official program website at http://www.yellowribbon.mil.
The Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program – MilitaryOneSource.mil
Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program – MyArmyBenefits.US.Army.mil
Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program Overview Video – DoDYellowRibbon YouTube Channel
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.