aben
Contributor

I'm having a hard time understanding USAA's policy on windshield replacement.  I have a 2006 MBZ clk 55 amg that was hit by a rock on the freeway and I had to replace the full windshield.  The dealership's estimate for repair was about 1500.00 and I was able to find a certified MBZ mechanic to replace it for just under 1200.00.  Not only am I having to pay my deductible at $500 dollars (??)  I am being told that they are only approving $874.05 so will send me only $374.05 leaving me responsible for the remaining $806.00.  I have been with USAA for over 30 years and I can't believe that this is how they treat a member with an excellent driving and excellent payment history.  Searching the internet, It appears to me that other insurance companies cover everything in a windshield replacement.  I am so disappointed to have to be worried about my insurance company nickel and diming a legitimate repair on my vehicle, especially one that has such an impact on the safety of my car.  Dang, USAA, what is up with that?  Please tell!  #shoppingaroundforbettercoverage

1 REPLY

Hello @aben, I  regret this has been your experience and understand your frustration with this situation. Your membership is very important to us and we went to help any way we can. I have reached out to our claims partners to review your situation and asked that they contact you directly to address your concerns.  Thank you for reaching out and for trusting USAA for over 30 years. ~Nekeysha