It's very difficult to contact USAA from overseas. The contact form in the message center was forcing me to choose only insurance options. We're trying to get preapproval for an a used car loan at our post in Rome, and since we have a DPO, we can not apply online until USAA knows what country we're in. The physical address (even though it's on our property insurance) is unrecognizable, so we can't start the process. When we try to call, we have to go through the long menu process (increasing cell phone charges), only to find out the office is closed (no overseas contacts??). How in the world (literally) do we get our questions answered when we can't even ask them??

5 REPLIES

Dear @smyrna38

Thanks for your interest in obtaining a loan with USAA for your used car. I am sorry for the trouble you have experienced. Yes, due to your DPO address, you would not be able to apply online. Therefore, you would need to call us at 800-531-8722 in order to proceed. Please note our hours of operation: Monday - Friday 6 a.m. – 10 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Thanks for reaching out. - Jesse 

Please note the comment about the Contact Form. That is a MAJOR irritant for people trying to reach out to USAA with a concern. It is restrictive, kludgy, and insulting to members.

@R_S, thank you for your feedback regarding our Contact Form. I've elevated this to our team for review. We appreciate you taking the time to post. ~Holland

May I suggest a procedure for your review of the Contact Form. Have 10 people pick different issues that cover the array of services that USAA offers. Then have them try to raise those issues using your "Message USAA" Contact Form. Trust me, many of them won't find a way to raise their issues with the right team. Right from the start, the only menu choices are Health Insurance, Property Insurance, Life Insurance, or Mobile & Website. What about somebody with a Overdraft or Mortgage issue?

Hello and thank you so much for your additional feedback. We appreciate you sharing your recommendation concerning the Contact Form. I will make sure your concern is forwarded to the appropriate department for further review and for consideration toward improving this process. Thank you!