Talu
Contributor

My husband and I have been USAA members for 40 years.  In 2016, a rock hit my windhield, a crack developed and I filed a claim with USAA.  At that time, we paid NOTHING, and the windshield was replaced.  Fast forward to 2018 when the same thing happened.  Filed a claim with USAA and was told I will have to pay $500+ for replacement because I have a $1000 deductible.  I had the exact same deductible in 2016 and the exact same policy.  And no one at USAA can or will explain to me why this time is different.  I asked that this be referred to a supervisor and was told that someone would call me, but I have received no calls, no explanation.  Tomorrow Safelight is coming to fix my windshield.  USAA probably thinks that I will just drop it once my windshield is fixed, but I will not.  Apparently Safelight is guilty of false advertising and I will be referring the matter to whatever regulatory agency that looks at truth in advertising.  And I will be taking my experience with USAA to social media, as well as in a letter to the Board of Directors.  After 40 years, I am consideing exploring other insurance options, because USAA no longer cares about their customers.  Other insurers seem to manage to replace windshields at a minimal cost to their customers.  The USAA customer service has become a myth.  I can actually remember when it was excellent.  I see that I am not the first person to complain about the windshield replacement.  

1 REPLY

@ Talu,

Thank you for over 40 years of membership, and I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you have experienced with your glass claim.  Please know we take your concerns very seriously, and I have escalated your situation to our CEO Member Relations Team who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.  Thanks~ Mike