Highlighted
Contributor

Despite all the lovely 'we care' marketing from USAA, and the promise of lowering our insurance premiums, I just got charged the full amount for April. I'm paying to insure 4 cars that have driven less than 10 miles combined in the last 45 days. We had a good 25 year run, USAA... time to start shopping.

8 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hello @OhioI hope you and your family are doing well. If we can help with the current bill that generated prior to the announcement and payment that recently debited, please let us know. We're happy to review some options that may be available to help meet your immediate needs. In the coming weeks, every member with an active auto insurance policy in March 2020 will receive a credit equal to 20% of two months of premiums. Additional communication will be sent out during the last week of April and the credit will be automatically applied to the P&C bill and will appear on the following month’s statement. Please visit http://usaa.com/coronavirus to view more info regarding how we are helping our members. -Lori G

Highlighted
A representative told me yesterday that will see it as a credit on our May bill.
It’s actually a discount of 20% on two months worth of premiums.
I’m a little annoyed at the representation that it’s actually marketed as a ‘return’ of premium when in reality it’s just a discount on future premiums.
Highlighted

@KetoKK, I'm sorry for the disappointment with the credit. I want to confirm I've forwarded your message to our team to reviewed further on your behalf. I want to make sure that your concerns are addressed properly. -Lori G

Highlighted

Same here, was expecting to see a nice discount on my bill that just auto-deducted from my bank account. Looks like the same amount as last month. 

Highlighted

@EricMH, in the coming weeks, every member with an active auto insurance policy in March 2020 will receive a credit equal to 20% of two months of premiums. Additional communication will be sent out during the last week of April and the credit will be automatically applied to the P&C bill and will appear on the following month’s statement. Please let us know if we can help review your current bill and discuss options that may be able to help with your immediate needs. You can chat with us any time or call us at 800-531-8722. -Lori G

Highlighted

I have not seen any other insurance agency offer a penny to their customers, so we should consider ourselves lucky. It is not USAA's fault that a pandemic happened and you have not driven your 4 cars. They are under no obligation to give us a break at all. It clearly says that it is 20 % and when it starts if you had read the article. 

Highlighted

Your are wrong.  I left USAA for another company after 40 years with USAA for a 40% savings and then when it renewed, my premium went down 20%.  My new company will be sending me a refund check due to the virus.  You can be happy with what USAA is returning to you.  However, when you shop around, you will find out that you are way overpaying for auto insurance through USAA.  USAA's growth at all costs has resulted in non-competitive auto insurance premiums and a drastic decline in customer service.  Google USAA CEO compensation and find the article that says USAA's CEO compensation is creeping up and has reached $5 million/year.  Keep that in mind when your auto insurance policy renews with its semi-annual price increase.

Highlighted

Go ahead and start your shopping.  See how many other insurance companies gave back any of the premiums charged during the Covid-19 epidemic.  I'll bet you won't find a single one!  You should be grateful that USAA is trying to make your life a bit easier in these difficult times.  Instead you're sniveling.