Purplejam
Contributor

I am very frustrated with USAA. I appreciate them covering my rental because I was involed in an accident that wasn't my fault. However, why does it take so long to receive the settlement payment for the vehicle that was so called a total loss?  I sent the title and it was received, but USAA is just taking their precious time processing it. I really feel like they should at least cover the rental until the decide on a pay out date. 7 days is not long enough for a rental. Now I am paying out of pocket to Enterprise because I need some type of transportation to get to and from work. I was planning to use a portion of that settlement money for a downpayment on another vehicle.  This is very frustrating and I literally feel like I am about to pull my hair out.

2 REPLIES

@Purplejam, I am sorry to hear about your displeasure with the auto claim.  I completely understand your frustration and I want to get your matter reviewed as soon as possible.  I asked a claims subject matter expert to follow up with you to further address your concerns with the auto claim.  They will be contacting you within one business day.  Thanks - Robert.

wrote:

I am very frustrated with USAA. I appreciate them covering my rental because I was involed in an accident that wasn't my fault. However, why does it take so long to receive the settlement payment for the vehicle that was so called a total loss?  I sent the title and it was received, but USAA is just taking their precious time processing it. I really feel like they should at least cover the rental until the decide on a pay out date. 7 days is not long enough for a rental. Now I am paying out of pocket to Enterprise because I need some type of transportation to get to and from work. I was planning to use a portion of that settlement money for a downpayment on another vehicle.  This is very frustrating and I literally feel like I am about to pull my hair out.

I am in the exact same boat. Filed a claim at the start of February. Received the valuation report within a week. Never received paperwork that USAA promised to send. I'm actually talking to an attorney very soon regarding the matter. I recommend that you contact your state department of insurance and file a formal complaint then secure a personal injury attorney and go after them.