Very Dissatisfied - Auto Loan Interest Rate Process

Jon2014
Contributor

I will be writing a letter to the President/CEO of USAA about my unacceptable experience from USAA concerning a vehicle I recently purchased that was financed through USAA.

I bought the vehicle through the car buying service knowing that I would be getting a half percentage point off my interest rate. However, after calling 3 TIMES my issue still has not been resolved. The first time I called, I was told that it would take 10 days from the time of purchase for the lowered interest to show up. That never happened.

The second time I called, I was told that because I did not have a dealer certificate that I would not be getting the lowered interest rate. However, after having my case escalated, the rep saw that I searched for the vehicle through the car buying service, and I was told that I would be getting the discouted rate and my issue would be resolved. That never happened.

So I called for a third time today, 1/20/2015, about the same problem. I'm told that because I did not have the dealer certificate I would not be getting the discounted rate - exactly the opposite of what I was told at the end of the second conversation about this issue. The rep I spoke with today said that although she could see I searched for the car through the car buying service, she could not lower my interest rate. She also said that no other forms of proof showing that I purchased the vehicle through USAA could be accepted. That's complete nonsense to me.

I've never had to take time out of my day to write something like this, and I am very unhappy with this service from USAA. I really expected more. I should be getting my discounted auto loan interest rate because it can be proven that I bought the car through the car buying service. 

Again, I will be writing a letter to the President/CEO of USAA because of this unwillingness to follow through on what was promised to me by USAA. I expect better service from a bank held in such high esteem, and now I'm leaning towards never using USAA again for any future loans or transactions. 

9 REPLIES

Dear jon2014,

I am so sorry for the mixed messages you have received. I would like to get someone to review your

situation. If you could please email us here at [expired email] and include your meber number, and the details you provided above, we will get someone who can assist you intouch shortly. Thank you.

Hello Briana,

Thank you for the response. I'll be sure to do this. USAA's been great in the past, but this particular experience has not been good at all. Thank you again, and I hope this can be resolved.

John2014, Please let me know when you have heard from someone (I want to make sure you get the the assistance you need!) Thank you!

BrianaHartzellUSAA, I still have not heard from anyone. I sent the email describing the situation on January 20th at 3:49 p.m.

jon2014,

Thank you for following up, I will further escalate your situation. Thank you again for your continued patience in this matter.

Hello, I eventually heard from a lady who said she worked with the CEOs office. However, you do not have to escalate the situation any further. I've decided to have the loan refinanced with another banking institution. I'm also getting a much lower interest rate than what I would have gotten by continuing with USAA concerning this specific loan.

Thank you for the assistance you provided.

Thank you for the update Jon2014, I am glad to hear someone reached out to you.

Very dissatisfied also, I just joinded USAA because of the good things my co-workers showed me that they offered.  My first transaction was an auto loan.    I worked with a USAA customer service agent who steped me through the process leaving out one little detail that cost me 0.5% on my loan.    When i received my load addendum i noticed that the load rate was wrong.   I called to fix it and they had no interest in making it right for me.

Bottom line, I joined USAA with the thinking that they could be a one stop shopping for me and my family.   Probably not going to happen now.    My next emai is to my extended family to warn them too.

Too bad a simple step was missed by thier customer service agent is going to cost them thousands of dollars each year.   Too bad for me that it cost me over $400 of extra interest to learn my lesson about USAA.

Dear %4545,

I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience. Although I cannot change what has already happened, I would like to get you in touch with someone who can review your situation. If you could please email us here at socialmedia@usaa.com and include your member number, and the details you provided above and we will get someone who can assist you in touch shortly. Thank you.