Highlighted

Hey everyone,

Because this just happened to me I wanted to make sure this message got out to as many people as possible. I have a 2011 VW Tiguan that had over 100K miles on it, great car, only incredibly minor issues throughout the life of the car, no complaints. That is until a few weeks ago when it decided not to start when I was over 60 miles from home. As a side note, thank goodness for USAA insurance towing, because that would have been an insane bill to get it towed back close to home. After some fun back and forth with mechanics I come to find out that the timing chain system malfunctioned and destroyed my engine, interference engines are awesome that way. Anyways, I come to find out about a class action lawsuit : https://www.timingchainlitigation.com/. The reason I bring this up in this forum is that this lawsuit basically held VW responsible for this system. I am not sure if this was just done to avoid responsibility or to make it go away but here is the implication...if you have a VW or Audi, models and years are in the link, then you are driving a vehicle that has a strong possibility of destroying itself at any time! The best part, is that if you haven't already had the problem, and repaired your car, you are not going to get ANYTHING from VW.

Therefore, please please check your VIN on this website, then, if it shows up, SELL YOUR CAR! I had a paid off asset that is now basically worthless.

1 REPLY

Highlighted

Dear @TheSchro

I am so glad to hear you are ok and that you had a good experience at least with USAA towing service. Thank you for taking the time to share here in community.