Highlighted

I am sorry to hear about your son and hope that something gets resolved soon, but I have had a claim on our house that was destroyed last September by Hurricane Florence and I am having horrible service from them.  They undervalued our personal property, they won't pay for our loss of use and it's getting to the point that we won't be able to stay where we're renting because they won't reimburse us and we can't keep up two places with mortgage payments and utilities and lawn care on a house we can't live in AND on a rental which we have to pay utilities on as well.  Can you say BANKRUPT because of their lack of releaseing funds and undervaluing your property.

Highlighted

Alleghany lady, I am very sorry to hear that you were severely impacted during Hurricane Florence.  I would like to engage my homeowner claims management team to look into your concerns.  Could you please private message me both your claim number and your phone number?

Highlighted
I have had this same experience two times in last 12 months with USAA. Not at fault accident where USAA underrepresented the member to settle a claim quickly. The CCC metric is to settle as quickly as possible. I learned my lesson—hire an attorney to represent you for both vehicle loss and personal injury. Also, file complaint with your state Department of Insurance or AG. I did and within two weeks a person from USAA CEO office called me. When If they called because of complaint to NC DOI, the answer was yes. I spent an hour with this person on the phone. Wasted my time. Nothing changed in a year. Same rude, disrespectful representatives in Total Loss Claims Department

Keep in mind this week that USAA exists because of it’s loyal membership. We can change the level of service by making the management a uncomfortable — do not hesitate to file call complaints with your State insurance regulators.
Highlighted

@ Delayed Neutron,

I see that my colleague, Robert, escalated your previous post to our Advocacy Team.  I will forward your additional post to them for review.  Please allow 2-3 business days for contact.  Thanks~Mike

Highlighted

Same think happened to me.  My car was parked at my house and was hit and run by a USAA driver who fled the scene.  The comparable vehicles in the total loss report at 35% more mileage and had a 30 minute nonsensical conversation on market value, which by definition in the amount a willing buyer pays a willing seller.   Kept saying dealer profit, and its not market value, and 35% more mileage is “not a big driver of value”.   I’m shocked by this treatment and approach.  

@ wrote:

It's really time to change insurance. My son was hit by another car (who happens to also have USAA) and they totalled our car. USAA is offering us 75% of what it takes to replace the car. It's been over three-months and its still not resolved. Every time we call we get someone different who promises to help and then doesn't. Previously, when we had State Farm, my wife was hit by an uninsured driver. State Farm went out of their way to make us whole and without delay or run around. I am extremely disappointed in USAA and how they've handled, delayed, and ignored our claim. They do not have any interest in making customers whole, only to limit their out-of-pocket costs.

There practices make me very concerned with our property insurance. If something happens to our home and we're treated in the same manner - we would be destroyed financially. We are in the process of changing over insurance companies and would recommend anyone who is considering to signup with them to really think about it.

Highlighted

@AB8

I see that my colleague, LeKisha, has escalated your concerns to the subject matter expert over your claim.  I've forwarded your additional post to them for review.  Thanks~Mike