Highlighted
Ahhhh...I see I’m not the only one going through this RIDICULOUS process! Has anyone had any luck with communications? I’ve tried leaving several messages for my “so-called” total loss claims representative and have heard NOTHING! I even requested to speak with a manager in the department, left her a message three days ago and never received a call back! Now I’m receiving papers to sign, delivered by FedEx. Nope! I’m not signing anything until someone from that department contacts me! I do not accept your settlement, USAA, because it is completely unfair! I thought USAA was better than this!
Highlighted

@Ignored, thank you for reaching out. We take your concerns very seriously. I have located your claim and have reached out to your adjuster and their manager to request a prompt review of your account and a follow up call. - Ina

Highlighted

It won't work - your just trying to protect your reputation. The insured will never get the help they need. USAA is horrible. 

Highlighted

Let us know what happens. I am waiting for them to total loss my vehicle which was stolen and yet to be recovered. 

Highlighted

Yeah same thing happend to me. I got a call from Forrest over at the CEO's office. We talked for an hour. He promised to assist me and said "total loss might not like what I have to say, but I am not here for them, I am here for you". He then promised me the official report of his findings. Then guess what? HE DUMPED ME! I heard nothing back. I wrote him repeatedly. Nothing. Then I fnally hear from him and he says he transferred my file to Ginger and "she will provide me with the report". NOTHING. No matter what I say.....I get nothing. Don't waste your time people. USAA makes false promises and pretends to be your friend on here when they make comments to step in and assist. DO NOT TRUST USAA. RECORD & DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. File a complaint with your states insurance division. Get an attorney. They are vultures. 

vul·ture(s)

/ˈvəlCHər/

noun

plural noun: vultures

a corporation filled with robotic humans who have wicked minds, feeding chiefly on accident victims. They are reputed to gather with others in anticipation of bringing down and stealing from their own insureds, who are struggling to move on after suffering a misfortune of a total loss.

a contemptible person who preys on or exploits others.

Highlighted

I called an attorney about the same situation. My daughter was involved in a total loss; 100% the  other driver's fault.  Our insurance policy includes for independent appraisals.  The problem is: USAA has already paid for their independent appraisal.  It's not like the days when USAA was a reputable insurance company and  had their own network of appraisers (which typically didn't end up in disupted claims).  So now; you are the one that has to hire - at your cost an appraiser.  If your appraiser and USAAs don't match, you can both submit to an umpire (split the cost).  By the time you do this, you've spent several hundred dollars.  This is what USAA - and every other insurance company count on.  They hire a fraudulent appraisal company knowing the odds of you fighting  it are slim.  Over thousands of claims; they make a lot of money.  The practical recourse is go elsewhere and pocket your SSA.  I have read posting after posting of members with decades (35+ years) that all say the same thing: USAA is no different than every other insurance company.  Actually, I hear better reviews about the insurance company that Flo advertises for...

Highlighted

Definitley get your attorney involved. Record and document everything with USAA. Contact your state insurance division to step in and assist. They monitor insurance companies and can kick them out of your state for unfair practices. USAA is riding on thin ice. There will be more class action suits. Check this link out so you are aware of how rotten USAA is (to the core). Do your research and defend your rights. Link here: https://www.mccormickmurphy.com/bad-faith/usaa/

Highlighted
I highly suggest you call The Division of Insurance for your state. Each state has one. File a formal complaint. Once you do that it allows the division to monitor everything USAA is doing. You have a much higher chance at a fair settlement. Don’t let USAA corner you. They will try, but keep fighting them. Make them put everything in writing. The Division will make sure you don’t get ripped off. Good luck.
Highlighted

This story is repeated day after day year after year - only by a new family experiencing the horror of dealing with USAA. They are truly wicked people. Keep complaining. Document everything. Record any calls you have with them (tell them you are recording them). Contact your state insurance division who oversees all the insurance companies in your state. They will come on board to assist you. Get an attorney when it's time. DO NOT TRUST USAA EVER. They only write on here to look good - you will get no help. Trust me - I'm one of their victims. Was in an accident traveling away from home on 2/15/19 and it is now 5/2/19. I still have my total loss vehicle, am paying for my own rental, the settlement offer is much less than the value of my truck. The list goes on and on. No one knows what they are doing there - on ANY level. No one. Promises are made and not kept, and USAA only posts here to appear like they care. They don't. Do not trust them. Document EVERYTHING then sue them when the time is right. 

Highlighted

Welcome to the USAA under Stuart Parker's leadership.  If General McDermott were alive and had the authroirty, I believe that he would go into Stuart Parker's office and fire him for destroying all the hard work he did to turn USAA into a superior company with fantastic rates and incredible customer service.  Too bad that those days are gone.