Highlighted
Contributor

Hello - I'm a 30+ year member and have been pleased with the service...until now. My daughter was involved in an accident and USAA is withholding the refund of her deductible. Sounds ok at first glance, HOWEVER, it was determined by the responding police officer that the other driver was 100% responsible for the accident and was ticketed for failure to yield. This is clearly stated in the police report which all parties have. Accident occurred in Texas and in spite of the official reports GEICO has refused to pay and USAA is going to arbitration to find a resolution. Her car was totaled and she had to purchase a new car and of course had to do it short $500.00. 
What I find interesting is USAA will temporarily credit accounts during credit card disputes until the investigation is over,  with the understanding the credit would be reversed if not resolved in the members favor. Why not with a car deductible? Anyone else experience this?

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

@Luckygirl1, I am sorry to hear that your daughter is having this experience with her auto claim. Please have her reach out to us through private message on Facebook or Twitter and we can have her situation looked into. Thank you.

Highlighted

Thank you for the quick reply, however the phone representative says she's out of luck until the claim is resolved.