CoopDeville
Contributor

USAA supported the Repair shop position of Profit over Customer Satifaction.  First: Maryland Total Loss thresholds is a vehicle repairs cost that is 75% of a vehicle fair market value. The repair shop rated my vehicle fair market value as “Clean Retail” value of $10, 550.  The repair cost to my vehicle is $9046.58 which put the Total Loss threshold at 85.7%.   Based on the Carfax report, due to previous structure damages which were caused by remove & replace a defective engine and the vehicle was T-Bone by a hit and run driver, the car is appraised at $4,500.00.  That is a 43% depreciation.  At best, the vehicle should have been rated “Rough Trade-in value of $6,375 and a total loss. 

Second: I did not head from my adjuster until I posted a request to have the decision not to total my vehicle reverse.  When I did hear from him his attitude was that of me sensing he did not have my best interest in heart. 

Tags (1)

Most Helpful

@CoopDeville, I am terribly sorry to hear of your frustrations regarding the valuation of your vehicle. I have located your claim and I am going to escalate this situation to the claims service manager to review and reach out to you. Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES

@CoopDeville, I am terribly sorry to hear of your frustrations regarding the valuation of your vehicle. I have located your claim and I am going to escalate this situation to the claims service manager to review and reach out to you. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Thank you USAA Social Service  for escalating my concerns and thank you to the claim service manager for reviewing my claim and for correcting what has been determined an oversight.  Two thumps up and a Dap to Ms Lynn xxxxx and Mr. Thomas xxxxx.  I am a happy camper.

That is great news CoopDeville. Thank you for the update.